You can add new business and existing policies to auto-pay.
Add new business to auto-pay
You can add new business to auto-pay in the quote or policy workflow. In the Provider Administrator portal, you can submit billing auto-pay information in the policy flow.
In the Agent portal, you can submit billing auto-pay information in the quote flow only in these situations:
- The application requires underwriter review and it is reviewed and approved by an underwriter.
- The application doesn't require underwriter review.
- You're submitting an unbound application and the advanced setting no-initial-payment-unbound is set to False.
To add new business to auto-pay, on the Billing tab :
- On a policy or in a quote workflow, on the Billing tab, in the Send Bill To section, select the correct Contact and/or Mailing Address/Email Address from the associated dropdown lists.
- In the Payment Schedule dropdown list, in the Payment Method section, select the billing schedule.
- Under Select a Method, select the item associated with the auto-pay option you want to use.
Note: By default, Manual Pay: Cash, Check, Money Order is selected.
- Select Continue Adding Policy.
Add new form of auto-pay
If you don't see the auto-pay option you want to use,
- In the Select a Method section, select either Add a new Credit Card or Add a new ACH Account.
- Add the credit card or checking account information, and then, in the Withdraw Date section, select Change, and then select the number of days before the due date that you want funds withdrawn.
Change a policy's payment method to auto-pay
By default, a policy's Payment Method is set to Manual Pay: Check, Cash, Money Order. However, a policyholder may want their payment automatically withdrawn from a checking account or credit card.
To change the payment method to auto-pay:
- On the policy's Accounts Receivable screen, in the Billing Setup section, next to Payment Method, select Add, and then select either Credit Card or ACH.
- Add the credit card or checking account information, select Billing address for account is the same as the contact's primary address or add a billing address, and then select Submit.
- In the Payment Method dropdown list, select the payment option the policyholder wants to use.
- To change the date funds are withdrawn for an automatic payment, in the Withdraw Funds When dropdown list, select the appropriate option.
Note: The payment method won't automatically be updated to auto-pay when you add an auto-pay method. You must select the auto-pay option in the dropdown list.
- After you add a policy to auto-pay, the Pre-Authorized Payment Schedule deliverable will be created.
- You can't access the deliverable until the following day, as it isn't generated automatically.
- The deliverable is created during nightly processing.