During the quoting process, agents can use a credit card to make a down payment on the initial invoice in the Policies module.
To use a credit card to make a down payment:
- In BriteCore, complete a quote up to the Billing screen.
- In the Billing Method section, in the Initial Invoice box, complete the following steps:
- In the Bill Whom dropdown list, select the applicable named insured.
- In the Bill How dropdown list, select the applicable Mailing/Billing address.
- Select the Add a Payment Method plus icon.
- In the Payment Method dialog box, select Credit Card, complete the credit card information, and then select OK.
- In the credit card box, select Pay initial amount due from the account.
- Complete and submit the quote.
- On the Policy Search screen, navigate to and select the applicable policy.
- In the Policy menu, select Accounts Receivable.
- On the Accounts Receivable screen, select Make a Payment.
- In the Make Payment dialog box, under Payment Type, select Electronic Payment (Credit Card or ACH), and then select Make payment.
- On the Payment screen, in the Amount of Payment dropdown list, select Other, and then, in the amount box, type the down payment amount.
- In the Payment Information box, select the credit card payment method, and then select Submit Payment.