Policy Declarations are the first few pages of an insurance policy.
Policy Declarations include the following information:
- Insurance company's name, address, and contact information
- Policy ID number
- Named insured(s)
- Address of the policyholder
- Policy term
- Insured property(ies)
- Included coverages
- Coverage limit
- Forms and endorsements
Policy Declarations are automatically mailed (using third-party integrations) or emailed to the named insured(s) and agents when a policy is bound, endorsed, or renewed. However, you can view and print Declarations anytime within a policy.
You can set up and customize Declarations using the Deliverables tab in the Settings module or BriteDocs. Multiple advanced settings also affect the appearance and printing of policy declarations. See Setting up policy Declarations for more information.
To view a policy declaration:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Policies.
- On the Policies List screen, select a policy number to open a policy.
- Select View Dec to open a PDF copy of the Declaration in a new tab.