An individual who evaluates applications, analyzes risks, and approves or denies a coverage application is an underwriter. You can add an underwriter in both the Contacts and the Policies modules. To add an underwriter in the Policies module, see Adding or updating contacts on a policy.
To add an underwriter, open the desired contact and:
- In the Role section, select Add a Role to open the Role dialog box.
- In the Role dropdown list, select Underwriter.
- Select Done to close the dialog box and return to the Role section.
- Select Save beneath the Role dropdown list. A Save Completed pop-up window will open.
- In the Username box, type the username the underwriter will use to log in.
- In the Email Confirmation To box, type the underwriter’s email address.
- In the Password box, type the password to use with the username to log in.
- In the Retype Password box, retype the password to confirm it is entered correctly. AWarning pop-up window will open if the passwords don't match. Select OK or X to close the pop-up window.
- In the Permission Level dropdown list, select the underwriter’s permission level from the list. See Role Permissions for more information.
- In the Default State dropdown list, select the state where the underwriter works. This is a required field.
- In the Timezone dropdown list, select the time zone where the underwriter works. This is a required field.
- In the Zendesk Email box, type the email address the underwriter will associate with the Zendesk account. See Zendesk for more information.
- When you finish entering information, select Save. A Save Completed pop-up window will open. If you select Cancel, BriteCore won't save the entered information.