In the Information tab of an individual or organization contact, you can relate the contact to another contact.
To relate contacts:
- Select the Edit link below Related To to open the Related To dialog box.
- In the Contact box, type the name of the individual or organization related to the new contact.
- If the name already exists in BriteCore, a dropdown list of matching contacts will appear. If this occurs, select the correct contact from the dropdown list, and move to step 4.
- If a dropdown list doesn't appear, continue to step 3.
- Press Enter/Return on your keyboard.
- If the name is similar to a contact that exists in BriteCore, the Did You Know? dialog box opens with a list of contacts. If the provided contacts don't match the name you entered, select Create New Contact to open the New Contact dialog box. Complete the New Contact dialog box for an individual or for an organization.
- If the name isn't similar to contacts that already exist in BriteCore, the New Contact dialog box will open. Complete the New Contact dialog box.
- To add another related contact, select the green + Add Another link and repeat step 2.
- In the Copy Information From: dropdown list, ensure the open contact is displayed.
- Select Done when you're finished adding contacts.
- The Confirm dialog box will open asking if you want to copy the contact information from the open contact to the contact(s) added to the Related To dialog box.
- Select Yes if you want to copy the contact information.
- Select No if you don't want to copy the contact information.