In the Lines module, users can set up Policy Types based on whether or not they require an address by using the Requires an Address for risk(s) setting.
The Requires an Address for risk(s) setting is:
- Used by carriers to hide the Risks tab on the new policy wizard and bypass risk address information.
- Intended for lines of business that don’t require risk location information, such as umbrella coverage.
- Enabled by default since most current carriers write lines of business that require risk location information.
To set up a Policy Type based on whether or not it requires an address:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Lines.
- On the Effective Dates screen, select the applicable effective date.
- On the Policy Types screen, complete the following steps:
- In the Select State or Province dropdown, select a state or province.
- Navigate to the applicable Policy Type, and then select Edit.
- On the Details screen, navigate to the Requires an Address for risk(s) setting, and then, complete one of the following steps:
- For risks that require an address, select the setting.
- For risks that don’t need an address, ensure the setting is unchecked.