You can add a fire department in both the Contacts and Claims modules. To add a fire department in the Contacts module, see Add a fire department. To associate a fire department with a specific claim, you must add the fire department in the Contacts section of the claim.
To add a fire department, access the desired claim and:
- Select Contacts from the claim menu.
- Navigate to the Fire Department section.
- In the Fire Department Name box, type the name of the fire department.
- If the name you type matches the name of an existing fire department in BriteCore, a list of possible matching fire departments will appear below the Name box. Select the correct name.
- If the name you type matches the name of an existing BriteCore contact, after you’ve typed the name and pressed Enter/Return on your keyboard, a Did You Know? dialog box will open with a list of possible matching contacts. Select the correct name from the dialog box. If you can’t find a matching name, select Create New Contact. See Complete the New Contact dialog box for an organization.
- If the name you type doesn’t match a name that exists in BriteCore, when you press Enter/Return after typing the name, the New Contact dialog box will open. See Complete the New Contact dialog box for an organization.
To view additional contact information about the fire department, select the blue person icon. When you add or select a fire department’s name, BriteCore displays the name and contact information in the Fire Department section.