You can use Support Tools to issue a return premium on a policy without a credit:
- Navigate to the Provider Administrator portal dashboard.
- Depending on your UI configuration, you can navigate to Support Tools in one of the following ways:
- Navigate to the footer of any BriteCore module screen and select Support Tools.
- In the top-right of the screen, select the user profile icon, select Resources, and then select Support Tools.
- In the Accounting section, select Refund.
- In the Policy Number box, type the policy number of the applicable policy.
- In the Refund Amount box, type the amount of the refund.
- In the Reason box, type the reason for the refund.
- If you're transferring the refund to another policy, in the Transfer to Policy Number box, type the policy number of the policy you're transferring the refund to.
- In the Select Transaction Term dropdown list, select the policy term you're applying the refund to (optional).
- Select Create Refund.
When this tool generates a refund, the results are the same as if the refund was issued from the policy:
- A return premium Account History row will be created.
- The return premium will move to the Return Premium Queue.
- A note will be generated.
- If applicable, a return premium transfer will appear on the policy to which the return premium was transferred.