In BriteCore, you can void return premiums from the Accounts Receivable screen.
Note: The option to void a return premium is only available when the setting void_refund_payments is enabled.
When you void a return premium, BriteCore:
- Marks the return premium void.
- Keeps the original transaction in the Account History table.
- Adds a transaction to the Account History table, negating the amount and adding it back as credit.
Keeping a digital trail of voided return premium transactions offers several benefits, including:
- User accountability.
- Event reconstruction.
- Intrusion detection.
- Problem identification.
To void a return premium:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Policies.
- On the Policy Search screen, navigate to and select the applicable policy.
- In the Policy menu, select Accounts Receivable.
Important: Voiding a return premium only updates accounting data in BriteCore. You’re responsible for issuing funds back to the original payor.
- On the Accounts Receivable screen, in the Account History table, select the applicable return premium, and then select Void.
Note: When a return premium is marked as void, BriteCore keeps the original transaction in the Account History table and adds another transaction, negating the amount and adding it back as credit.