BriteCore uses Google Maps, a mapping solution, as a geocoding service.
Note: Google Maps is available with classic BriteCore and BriteSuite.
Geocoding refers to locations in terms of latitude and longitude, which is more accurate than describing a location’s address using street names.
Note: The Google Maps integration works with the SmartyStreets integration.
The GoogleMaps integration is hosted in your BriteCore Integrations API at /googlemaps. The provided reference plugin calls the service to provide rich address functionality.
To set up the Google Maps integration, complete one of the following steps:
- Reach out to your BriteCore representative.
- Set it up yourself:
- Host the HTML plugin publicly.
- Post the appropriate plugin configuration payload to your /plugins/ endpoint.
The Google Maps integration has two primary API endpoints:
- /geocoding can be leveraged to turn US street addresses into latitude and longitude.
- /suggestions can be used to create autocomplete controls, making it easier to input addresses in BriteCore.