Once you set up Quickbooks locally, you need to set up the Quickbooks Web Connector.
Note: The free Quickbooks add-on, the Web Connector (QBWC), is a third-party application that exports data from BriteCore to QuickBooks.
Set up the Web Connector
You will need to complete three processes to set up the Web Connector:
- Download the Web Connector.
- Add an IWSWebSvc.qwc (IWS Web Service) file.
- Configure the Web Connector.
Download the Web Connector
If your version of QuickBooks doesn’t have the Web Connector pre-installed, you will need to download and install it.
If you want to run the Web Connector from the centralized server, install a copy of QuickBooks on the server, but if you want to manage the Web Connector from a single client computer, install QuickBooks on only that computer.
To download and install the Web Connector Application:
- On the Intuit Developer site, go to the Setup QuickBooks Web Connector page.
- Under Step 1: Download QuickBooks Web Connector, select the link for the version of the Web Connector you want to download. The folder will automatically download in .zip format.
- Install Web Connector from the .exe installer in the folder.
Add an IWSWebSvc.qwc (IWS Web Service) file
Note: BriteCore engineers can view the Create an IWSWebSvc.qwc file documentation.
To add anIWSWebSvc.qwc (IWS Web Service) file:
- Contact BriteCore to request a IWSWebSvc.qwc (IWS Web Service) file:
- Implementing clients: Email your project manager.
- Existing clients: Submit a ticket through Zendesk.
Note: You can provide a username and password you would like to use for BriteCore-QuickBooks transactions. If you do, make sure you retain the username and password for your records.
- Add the IWSWebSvc.qwc file to the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Download the IWSWebSvc.qwc file to the desktop of the machine with the QuickBooks Web Connector installed on it.
Configure the Web Connector
To configure the Web Connector:
- Open QuickBooks, and then ensure it points to the company file you want the IWS Web Service to interact with.
- Log in to QuickBooks as the Administrator.
- In Quickbooks, select File, select Single User Mode, and then set QuickBooks to Single User Mode.
Note: Once the file is installed, you can set QuickBooks back toMulti-User Modeif applicable.
- In QuickBooks, select File, and then select Update Web Services to open the Web Connector application.
- In the Web Connector application, select Add An Application, navigate to and select the IWSWebSvc.qwc file you downloaded, and then select Open.
- Select OK on the Authorize New Web Service screen.
- On the QuickBooks – Application Certificate screen, complete the following steps:
- Under Do you want to allow this application to read and modify this company file?, select Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running.
- Select Allow this application to access personal data such as Social Security Numbers and customer credit card information.
- Select Continue.
- On the Access Confirmation page, select Done.
- On the QuickBooks Web Connector app, type your password in the text box, and then select Enter.
- To save the password, select Yes.