An additional interest is someone other than the named insured or premium finance company who has a stake in the policy. For example, additional insureds and loss payees can be added as additional interests. You can customize the options in the Interest dropdown list using the suggested contact interests advanced setting. For more information about removing additional interests, see Remove contacts from policies. To add a new additional interest, see Add a New Individual contact overview. To edit a contact's information, see Edit contact information.
Note: Policies allow an unlimited number of additional interests, however, deliverables are designed to display two additional interests. When adding more than two, it could cause display issues within documents.To add an additional interest to a policy:
- Select Policies.
- On the Policies List screen, select a policy number to open a policy.
- If the policy doesn’t have an open revision, create a new revision.
- In the Additional Interest(s) subsection, select the green plus (+) icon. A Name box and an Interest dropdown list will display.
- In the Name box, type the name of the contact you want to add. A dropdown list of suggested existing contacts will appear.
- If you want to add a contact that already exists, select the contact from the dropdown list of suggested contacts.
- If the contact you want to add isn’t in the list of suggested existing contacts, first check the spelling to ensure you don't add a duplicate contact. If you still don't see the contact you want to add, press the Enter/Return key to open the New Contact dialog box. See Complete the New Contact dialog box for an individual for more information.
- In the Interest dropdown list, select the type of additional interest.
- To add additional contacts, repeat steps 4-6.
- Commit the revision.