You can add and view additional information about a loss in the Information screen. The Information screen appears only in the Provider Administrator portal. To access the Information screen, access a claim from the Claims List screen and BriteCore will direct you to the Information screen of the claim. You can also access the Information screen when adding a new claim. After you’ve completed the claim header on a new claim, the Information screen will automatically populate below the claim header.
Figure 1: Top view of the Information screen within a claim.
Figure 2: Bottom view of the Information screen within a claim.
- Policy ID - When you select the Policy ID field, BriteCore will direct you to the policy's Revisions screen.
- This claim is a Dual Masthead claim - This checkbox allows you to select to track dual masthead claims in BriteCore. For more information on dual masthead claims see, Track dual masthead claims.
- Past Claims - When the policy the claim is filed on has past claims, they will appear in the Past Claims section.
- Loss Address is Listed on the Policy - When you select this radio button, the Property dropdown appears and you can select the property where the loss occurred.
- Loss Address is Not Listed on the Policy - When you select this radio button, BriteCore prompts you to add the address where the loss occurred.
- Select a CAT - The Select a CAT button opens the Catastrophes dialog box, where you can add a catastrophe to the claim, if applicable.
- Select Coverages - The Select Coverages button opens the Select Coverages dialog box, where you can add coverages to the claim.
- Select a Contract - The Select a Contract button opens the Reinsurance Contract dialog box, where you can search for the correct reinsurance contract to add to the claim, if applicable.
- Date Assigned - The Date Assigned pencil icon allows you to edit the date the claim is assigned.
- Date Reported - The Date Reported pencil icon allows you to edit the date the claim is reported.
- + Add a Claim Date - The + Add a Claim Date button allows you to record and label an important date related to the claim.
- + Attach Reports - The + Attach Reports button allows you to upload a report to the claim.
- Sort by Date - The Sort by Date checkbox allows you to sort the reports by date.
- + Upload Photo - The + Upload Photo button allows you to upload photographs related to the claim.
Add or update claim information
Within the Information screen, you can add and update claim information. For instructions on how to add coverages, see Add Coverages - step 2.
For all other actions, use the following workflows: