If the loss cause is due to a catastrophe, you can add the catastrophe in the claim's Information screen. Before you can select a catastrophe to add, you must make sure the catastrophe exists in BriteCore. See Add a new catastrophe.
To select a catastrophe, access the desired claim and:
- Navigate to the Catastrophe section of the Information screen.
- Select the Select a CAT button. The Catastrophes dialog box will open.
Figure 1: The Catastrophes dialog box.
- A catastrophe list will appear in the dialog box. Select the catastrophe you want to add to the claim. BriteCore will return you to the Information screen and the catastrophe will display in the Catastrophe section. If you don’t see the catastrophe you want to add, move to step 4.
- In the Search box, type information about the catastrophe, such as the date or time it occurred, the name of the catastrophe, or peril codes linked to the catastrophe. Then select Go.
- From the generated search results, select the catastrophe that you want to add. BriteCore will return you to the Information screen and the catastrophe will display in the Catastrophe section.
If you add the incorrect catastrophe, you can remove the catastrophe by selecting the red X next to the catastrophe name.
A Confirm pop-up window will open asking:
Are you certain you want to remove this catastrophe?
Select OK to remove the catastrophe. Select Cancel to return to the Information screen without removing the catastrophe.