For large or less desirable risks, the carrier and the agent may negotiate a lower commission rate to transfer some of the additional risk or reinsurance cost to the agent. In these cases, you can override the commission rate using the Manual Override checkbox on the Information tab of a policy.
Manually override a commission rate
- Select Policies.
- On the Policies List screen, select a policy number to open a policy.
- If the policy doesn't have an open revision, create a new revision.
- On the Information tab in the Commission section, check the Manual Override checkbox.
- In the Rate box, type the decimal value for the multiplier you want to use to calculate the agent's commission rate.
- Select off of the Rate box to store the value.
- Commit the revision.