You can change the agent or agency of record if needed. For instance, when an agent leaves an agency, you will need to change the agent of record. To change an agency of record, see Change the agency of record.
You must ensure that the correct button for the Policies advanced setting policy-go-to is selected. If you need to change the agent of record, the agent button of the policy-go-to advanced setting must be selected. If you need to change the policy-go-to advanced setting but can’t, contact BriteCore customer service to request the change. To change the agent of record, navigate to the Contacts module, then search for and select the current agent.
Manually change the agent of record
If there are a limited number of policies linked to the agent, you can manually change the agent of record.
- In the Role section, navigate to the Policies section, and then navigate to the policy you need to change.
- Select the policy, and BriteCore will direct you to the Revisions tab of the policy.
- Select New next to Revision. The New Revision dialog box will open.
- In the Revision Date boxes, type the effective date of the agent change of record, using the MM/DD/YYYY format.
- Select Done to return to the Revisions tab.
- Navigate to the Agent section.
- In the Name box, update the agent contact.
- Ensure the displayed commission rate is correct.
- Uncheck the Declaration Prints checkbox at the top of the screen so a declaration doesn’t print. Leave the checkbox checked if a new declaration is needed.
- Select Commit Revision. The Confirm pop-up window will open asking, Are you certain you want to permanently commit this revision? Select Yes to commit the revision. If you select No or the X, BriteCore won't commit the revision.
Note: When you change the agent of record, BriteCore will automatically create the Revision Contact Removed and Revision Contact Updated notes in the Notes section of the policy. BriteCore will also create the Removed from Policy note in the Notes section of the former agent and will create the Added to Policy note in the Notes section of the new agent.
Automatically change the agent of record
If there are several policies linked to the agent, you can automatically change the agent of record.
- Navigate to and select Support Tools at the bottom of any BriteCore screen, and then select Transfer Agent Policies.
- In the Search existing contacts box under Current Agent type the name of the current agent linked to the policies.
- In the Search existing contacts box under New Agent, type the name of the new agent linked to the policies.
- In the Date Effective box, use the date picker to choose the effective date of the change.
- Use the toggle button to turn the option to print declarations for affected policies on or off.
- Select Update Policies. The Successful Policies pop-up window will open with a list of the transferred policies. Select OK to close the window.
Note: BriteCore will create a Changed Agent note in the Notes section of the policy. BriteCore will also create Policies Reassigned notes in the Notes section of both former and new agents. Included in the Policies Reassigned note, is the automatically generated ID number.
Terminate the former agent of record
If the former agent of record is no longer active in the system, you can terminate the former agent of record.
- At the top of the contact's screen next to the agent’s name, select the flag to change it from white to orange. The flag will show when the contact is searched, indicating that there is important information about the contact.
- Select Edit under Name in the Information tab. In the Name box, add the word TERMINATED in front of the contact’s name, such as TERMINATED - John Smith.
- Navigate to the Dates to Remember section of the Information tab. Select New, and then add the date of termination for the agent.
- In the Role section, select the Terminate This Agent checkbox.
- In the Reason box, type the reason for termination.
- Select Save. The Save Completed pop-up window will open.
- If you no longer want the agent to access the agent portal, remove the username and password and then select Save. The Save Completed pop-up window will open.
Note: If you want to grant access for a given amount of time, create a Note Alert in the Notes tab of the contact with the reminder to remove the password and username at a specific future date. See Create a note and Add an alert.