An Amended Billing Statement (invoice) is created when a premium-bearing endorsement is processed and the policy's premium is increased or decreased.
Note: For more information, see Set up endorsement billing.
When the Amended Billing Statement (invoice) is generated, the print state must always be set to To Be Determined, except for the following cases in which the print state is set to Do No Print:
- The invoice amount is less than or equal to $0.00.
Note: If you enable either the Print Initial Invoice Irrespective of Amount Due or Print Renewal Invoice Irrespective of Amount Due policy lifecycle setting, then the print state will remain To Be Determined.
- The policy is on autopay.
- The invoice amount is less than the value of the enabled policy lifecycle setting Do Not Issue a Bill If the Amount Due is Less Than.
- The Discontinue Printing During Cancellation Pending policy lifecycle setting is selected and the policy status of the most recent revision is Cancellation Pending.
- An endorsement reduces the premium on a policy.
Note: If the Policy Lifecycle setting Send an amended invoice even when the endorsement amount is negative is selected, then BriteCore will generate and send a negative invoice. This setting is not recommended for use by the broader client community.
If the Amended Billing Statement (invoice) is created but not printed, you can access and print the amended invoice.
To print an Amended Billing Statement (invoice):
- On the Policy Search screen, navigate to and select the policy associated with the invoice you want to access, and then select Accounts Receivable.
- On the Accounts Receivable screen, on the Billing Overview tab, navigate to the Account History table, and then select the row of the Amended Billing Statement (invoice) you want to access.
- In the Details section, select Edit and Reprint.
- In the Edit and Reprint dialog box, amend the dates, if needed (optional).
- Ensure Print Automatically is selected, and then select Submit.
To view and print the Amended Billing Statement (invoice):
- Complete one of the following steps:
- On the Account History screen, in the Type column, select the Invoice link.
- On the policy's Attachments screen, select the Amended Billing Statement folder.
- On the Amended Billing Statement (invoice), in the top-right corner of the screen, select the printer icon.
- In the Print dialog box, add the appropriate information.