In BriteCore's settings, you can configure the Agent portal to suit your needs.
There are several sections of settings, including:
In the Payment settings section, you can select what an agent must include when submitting a policy and any exclusions that apply.
Access the Agent portal Payment settings section
- In the BriteCore menu, select Settings.
- In the Settings menu, select Modules, and then select Agent Portal.
- On the Agent Portal screen, navigate to the Payment section.
To submit a policy application, the insured must submit options:
- No Payment: A payment isn't required when submitting an application.
- The first installment of the chosen billing schedule: The amount due for the first installment of the chosen billing schedule is due at policy submission.
- XX% of the term premium plus any initial fees: Allows you to add a percentage or factor of the policy term premium plus any initial fees.
- $x.xx flat fee: Allows you to add a flat fee.
- Allow manual payment override for initial downpayment. (Reason required for submission): Allows enforcement of a payment with application submission. The payment can be a physical check rather than an electronic payment method. This is typically used when an agency doesn't have a sweep account and the insured provides a physical check.
- Allow the insured to pay more than the initial downpayment on submission: Allows an insured to pay more than the amount of the required down payment. This is typically used when an insured requests an installment plan and wants to pay the first two installments, which is often the case with a monthly billing schedule.
- Do not require an initial downpayment if application is submitted unbound: Overrides the payment requirement when the application is submitted unbound.
Note: Though payment isn't required, it still can be submitted with the application. However, the payment won't pull with application submission.
- Do not require an initial downpayment when a policy is mortgagee billed: Overrides the payment requirement when the initial, rather than recurring, Bill Whom is the mortgagee.
- Link to a form for the Agent/Insured to fill out in order to enroll in automated payments: Allows you to provide a link to the Direct Debit Letter for agents to access while quoting.