You can use underwriting rules to restrict certain combinations of options across all of BriteCore or BriteQuote. If you need to either tighten or loosen rules for particular agencies, you can use the Agency Exception option.
Note: When adding or editing an underwriting rule, you can select an Agency Exception, which allows you to choose either Only Applies to or Does Not Apply to for any specified set of agencies.
To apply the Agency Exception to a rule:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Lines.
- On the Effective Dates screen, select the applicable effective date.
- In the Policy Types menu, select Underwriting, and then select Rules.
- In the Choose a Policy Type dropdown list, select the applicable policy type.
- Under Underwriting Rules, navigate to the rule you want to add the exception to, and then select the edit icon.
- In the Agency Exception dropdown list, select either Only Applies to or Does Not Apply to, and then, in the dropdown list that appears to the right, select the agencies that apply.
- When you're finished editing the rule, select Save.