Google Maps API upgrade
Enhanced Linking and Sorting for Claims Processing Component
In the Claims Processing section, an improvement has been made to enhance the user experience. The Pending Payments table within the processing-queue now displays claim numbers as clickable links, leading to the respective Accounting tab when opened in new tabs. This addresses the previous absence of direct links. The solution also maintains intuitive sorting behavior, with sorting based on the claim number to ensure user clarity. (BC-12032).
DocuSign | Custom templates displays date while signing
With the objective of enhancing the comprehensiveness and transparency of electronically signed documents, a modification has been introduced for custom template documents using the jina template option. BriteCore has integrated the inclusion of the signed date within the tagging of custom documents, providing clients with the flexibility to incorporate it according to their preferences. It's important to note that the addition of the signed date is optional.
The solution entails the addition of a tag tailored for custom deliverables. This tag empowers clients to seamlessly insert a dedicated tab for the signed date. When using Docusign, this tab will be automatically populated with the corresponding signed date. Specific anchor strings have been introduced to simplify the process:
- get_docusign_date_signed_anchor_string(1) is designated for agents,
- get_docusign_date_signed_anchor_string(2) for the primary insured signer, and
- get_docusign_date_signed_anchor_string(3) for the second insured signer (BC-11996).
Summary of Role-Based Access Enhancements
A comprehensive set of role-based access enhancements has been implemented across various sections of BriteCore, facilitating streamlined and secure operations. These changes ensure that users are granted appropriate privileges based on their roles, enhancing both data integrity and user experience. (BC-11917)
- Agent Policy Setup Page: Administrators can now provide agents with the capability to remove Loss History entries, ensuring efficient data management within their scope.
- Agent - Claims and Agent - Policies: The search functionality for claims and policies now aligns with role-based filtering. Users can only view claims and policies relevant to their role, eliminating information overload.
- Settings - Permissions Configuration: Administrators gain the ability to set detailed permissions for users, enhancing control over data access.
- Settings - Vendors: Administrators can now manage credit tiers for ISO Credit Score and LexisNexis Credit Score within vendor settings.
- Policy Life Cycle - Billing Schedules: Administrators gain the capability to edit timeline numbers for billing schedules, enhancing flexibility in policy management. Modifying billing schedules requires extreme diligence and should only be undertaken by expert users.
- Lines - Underwriting Rules: Administrators acquire the ability to manage underwriting rules, elevating control over these critical functions.
- Attachments: Administrators and employees gain access to view the "Private" folder in policies, contacts, claims, and more. An input field was added to Settings > Permissions page, to allow administrators to make changes.
- Persistent Builder Mapping: Administrators on production sites can now "Create Persistent Builder Mapping" and "Delete Persistent Builder Mapping" via the User Avatar > Resources > Support Tools menu, enhancing their efficiency.
- Support Tools: New capabilities have been added to Administrators in the User Avatar > Resources > Support Tools menu. These features include “Delete a Line Item”, “Run Non-Pay Processes”, “Run Cancel & Non-Renew Processes”, “Auto Renew Policies”, and “Auto Pay Policies”.
Adjustment to Initial Address Suggestion Implementation for Enhanced User Experience
In the process of implementing an address suggestion dialog box, it was discovered that the initial setup inadvertently prevented agents from proceeding in cases where there were no suggested addresses based on the input. Recognizing the limitations of relying solely on a vendor's address database, BriteCore now permits agents to continue using manually entered addresses even when suggestions are absent. To improve user guidance, the dialog box language has been revised to instruct users to either select a suggested address or proceed with their input (BC-11978).
Max risk count for properties field not working
Previously, the system allowed restricting the number of property risks added to a single policy by setting the 'Maximum risk count' when the option 'Allow Multiple Properties for this policy type?' was selected. However, the field, which was functional prior to July 2023, became blank and unusable, preventing users from inputting any numbers. As a result, users are able to add more property risks than intended. A fix was implemented to expand the width of the 'Maximum risk count' field, allowing users to input specific numbers and effectively restrict property risks in accordance with requirements (BC-12038).
Amended Declaration issue
Clients recently encountered an issue where performing a change on the effective date of a new or renewal business policy failed to designate the old declaration as "Do Not Print." Moreover, testing revealed that the new declaration consistently defaulted to "Amended" status, even when end-users responded "No" to the prompt: "Would you like the Declaration to state as Amended instead of as New Business or Renewal?" This behavior stems from the setting that generates declarations; it doesn't mark the previous declaration and its forms as "Do Not Print." Instead, it generates a new declaration, presenting a dilemma for carriers. Carriers require form printing but not both declarations. To resolve this, the original declaration should be tagged "Do Not Print" to reflect its outdated nature, as it lacks the latest changes. Also, if users choose "No" in the modal, the declaration will now correctly read "New Policy" or "Renewal." The solution endorsed is to incorporate "renewal_dec_as_amend" as a conditional factor for retaining reasons based on the value when the "always_print_endorsement_docs" setting is active. For all future amended declarations, this change will go into effect. (BC-11313).
eSignature Void Request caused Errors
An issue has been corrected with the eSignature functionality. Specifically, when performing a void signature request, the system incorrectly designates the signatures as "Completed" instead of accurately marking them as "Voided." This discrepancy is leading to an inaccurate representation of the status of the signatures in such cases. The change now ensures that when eSignature is utilized for a Void Signature Request, the signatures are appropriately marked as "Voided," aligning with the intended outcome and providing accurate status information for the user (BC-11961).
Improved Data Consistency and Stability in ISO Passport Integration
The ISO Passport integration has exhibited variability in returning consistent XML data points. An investigation revealed instances where certain data keys were missing from the vendor's response. To address this issue, BriteCore implemented a solution that ensures any absent data from the ISO response results in leaving the field blank instead of causing an error. This enhancement ensures greater data stability, prevents potential crashes, and guarantees a smoother integration experience (BC-11960).
Resolving Multi-Match Responses for Distance To Coast
This change addresses scenarios where multiple responses are generated for the ISO "Distance To Coast" feature. In cases where multiple matches occur within Zip codes, BriteCore will intelligently select the response with the lowest range code. This refinement ensures accuracy by determining and presenting the distance to the nearest major body of water among the multiple matches. The modification streamlines the decision-making process when dealing with multi-match Zip code scenarios, enhancing the precision and relevance of the "Distance To Coast" feature (BC-11988).
Contact Type not persisting in BriteQuote V2
Resolved an issue where selected supplemental questions for Contact types were not being properly persisted when chosen within the BriteQuote V2 (quote wizard). With this change, when associating a contact with a property, the selected changes are now consistently persisted within the user interface (BC-12050).