If an agent starts a quote, the initiating agent is automatically added as the agency contact. However, if a staff member begins a quote, the agency contact may need to be manually added.
Note: You can add only one agency contact to a policy. Note: If you create a new policy using + Create Policy (Legacy) in the Provider Administrator portal, you will need to manually select an agency contact.
For more information about removing agencies, see Remove contacts from policies. To add a new agency or agent, see Add an agency and Add an agent. To edit a contact's information, see Edit contact information.
To add an agency:
- Select Policies.
- On the Policies List screen, select a policy number to open a policy.
- If the policy doesn’t have an open revision, create a new revision.
- In the Agency subsection, select the green plus (+) icon. A Name box will display.
- In the Name box, type the name of the contact you want to add. A dropdown list of suggested existing contacts will appear.
- If you want to add a contact that already exists, select the contact from the dropdown list of suggested contacts.
- If the contact you want to add isn’t in the list of suggested existing contacts, first check the spelling to ensure you don't add a duplicate contact. If you still don't see the contact you want to add, press Enter/Return to open the New Contact dialog box. See Complete the New Contact dialog box for an organization for more information.
- From the Agency Contact dropdown list, select the agent who worked on the policy.
- Commit the revision.