During quoting, you will be required to add at least one named insured on the Contacts tab of the quote or application. However, you can change or add additional named insureds when you endorse a policy. A policy must have at least one named insured, but it can have multiple named insureds. For more information about removing named insureds, see Remove contacts from policies. For information about linking named insureds, see Relate named insureds. To add a new named insured, see Add a New Individual contact overview. To edit a contact's information, see Edit contact information.
To add a named insured to a policy:
- Select Policies.
- On the Policies List screen, select a policy number to open a policy.
- If the policy doesn’t have an open revision, create a new revision.
- In the Named Insured(s) subsection, select the green plus (+) icon. A Name box will display.
- In the Name box, type the name of the contact you want to add. A dropdown list of suggested existing contacts will appear.
- If you want to add a contact that already exists, select the contact from the dropdown list of suggested contacts.
- If the contact you want to add isn’t in the list of suggested existing contacts, first check the spelling to ensure you don't add a duplicate contact. If you still don't see the contact you want to add, press the Enter/Return key to open the New Contact dialog box. See Complete the New Contact dialog box for an individual for more information.
- To add additional Named Insureds, repeat steps 4-5.
- Commit the revision.