The claim header provides a snapshot of the filed claim and contains the information gathered when completing the first notice of loss (FNOL). The claim header appears in both the Provider Administrator and Agent portals.
In Figure 1, notice that the tabbed navigation beneath the claim header and the claim menu is the same. You can navigate to additional screens of the claim by selecting the screen from either the tabbed navigation or claim menu.
Figure 1: View of the claim header in the Provider Administrator portal with the tabbed navigation and claim menu.
Provider Administrator portal
In the Provider Administrator portal, the claim header appears at the top of each screen within the claim: Information, Contacts, Accounting, Attachments, and Notes. To access the claim header, you must first access an existing claim or select to add a new claim.
Figure 2: View of the claim header in the Provider Administrator portal.
In the Agent portal, the claim header appears at the top of each screen within the accessed claim: Accounting and Attachments. To access the claim header, you must access a claim.
Figure 3: View of the claim header in the Agent portal.
Claim header fields
- Back to List - When you select Back to List, BriteCore directs you to the Claims List screen and displays the results of the most recent claims list search.
- Claim Number - The Claim Number field displays the number linked to the claim. When you add a new claim, you can choose a system-generated claim number, or you can choose to manually create a claim number.
- Status - The Status Edit link allows you to set and update the claim's status. You can also choose to set the type of claim manually. You can update the status of the claim in the Provider Administrator portal, but you can’t do this in the Agent portal.
Note: The advanced setting claims-header-type can toggle whether the policy type or claim type is displayed in the claim’s header beneath Status. If claim type is displayed, you can select from one of two types: Property Claim or Liability Claim. If policy type is displayed, then the type of policy will appear beneath the status, such as Commercial General Liability or Homeowners Form 2.
- Policy ID - The Policy ID link allows you to search and select the policy the claim is filed on. In the Provider Administrator portal, once you select a policy ID, the policy number and named insured display in the Policy ID section. In the Agent portal, you can view the Policy ID, but you can’t edit it. If you select the Policy ID Edit button, you can change the policy and named insured linked to the claim, as long as financials aren’t added to the claim. If financials are added, you will receive an error message stating that you must void payments and set reserves to zero before you can make this change.
- Loss Date - The Loss Date Edit link allows you to set the date and time of loss. Once you set the loss date and time, it will display in the Loss Date section. In the Provider Administrator portal, you can edit the date of loss and time of loss, but you can’t do this in the Agent portal.
Note: You must set the Loss Date of the claim to change the claim status to Open.
- Loss Cause - The Loss Cause button allows you to search and add perils that summarize the loss cause. Once added, the peril(s) display in the Loss Cause section. You can edit the loss cause in the Provider Administrator portal, but you can’t do this in the Agent portal.
- Email Information Related to Claim - The Email Information Related to Claim button allows you to select email addresses and email claim information to those selected email addresses. The Email Information Related to Claim button appears only in the Provider Administrator portal. See Email information related to a Claim for more information.
- System Tags - The System Tags link allows you to add system tags to a claim. In BriteCore, system tags are used to track and report BriteCore data points. System tags can be hard-coded system tags or client-created custom tags. The System Tags link appears only in the Provider Administrator portal.
- Description - The Description box provides a space to type a detailed description of the loss to supplement the information provided in the Loss Cause section. You can edit the Description box in the Provider Administrator portal, but you can’t do this in the Agent portal.
- Additional Information (From Agent Created Claim) - The Additional Information box will appear only if you're viewing a claim in which the FNOL was completed in and submitted from the Agent portal. Information that appears in the Additional Information box can’t be edited in the Provider Administrator or Agent portals.
- Custom Deliverable - The Custom Deliverable button allows you to select a deliverable to save to the Attachments folder of the claim. The Custom Deliverable button only appears in the Provider Administrator portal. See View and save custom deliverables for more information.
Note: Custom deliverables are letter form templates. When you select Custom Deliverable, Britecore will provide you with a list of available templates for the claim, based on the line of business and state.
- Named Insured(s) - The Named Insured(s) box in the Agent portal displays the name and address of the named insured(s) for the policy the claim is filed on.
- Loss Address - The Loss Address box in the Agent portal displays the address of the property where the loss occurred.
- Claimant(s) - The Claimant(s) area in the Agent portal displays the name(s) and address(es) of the claimants on the claim.
- Adjuster(s) - The Adjuster(s) area in the Agent portal displays the name, address, and contact information for the adjuster(s) assigned to the claim.
Add and update claim header information
Within the claim header, you can add and update the claim information. For instructions on how to complete the Claim Number, Policy ID, Loss Date, Loss Cause, System Tags, Description box and Additional Information box, see First notice of loss - step 1 and Provider Administrator portal - complete first notice of loss (step 1a) or Agent portal - complete first notice of loss - (step 1b).
For instructions on how to add or update the Status see Set and update claim status - step 11.