When Building Code Effectiveness Grading Schedule (BCEGS) is enabled in BriteCore, users will be asked for the construction year when adding the location's address. The specific construction year allows ISO to determine a protection class and BCEGS value for clients.
BriteCore's current Verisk Underwriting integration assesses the following fire protection capabilities for Fire Protection Classes:
- Public Protection Classification (PPC) Service.
- Future Effective PPC Service.
- Fire Station Type Service.
According to Verisk, BCEGS from Verisk's ISO unit:
- Shows the difference between communities with effective building code enforcement and those with weak enforcement.
- Equips municipalities with effective, well-enforced codes, which demonstrates better loss experience when catastrophe strikes.
- Helps buildings located in such communities—constructed according to current codes—experience less severe loss.