Insureds may request to pay off the outstanding premium on a policy early. You can notify insureds of the payoff amount by generating the Payoff Balance Summary custom deliverable.
Before generating the deliverable, determine if unbilled installment fees should be included in the payoff amount, or if they should be excluded.
Manage installment fees
Note: When installment fees are waived for prepaid invoices, the installment fees that would have been billed in future invoices won't be included in the payoff balance.
- In BriteCore, select Settings.
- On the Settings screen, select Modules, and then select Policies.
- Select Edit beneath Policy Lifecycle.
- In the Confirm dialog box, complete one of the following steps:
- To save and proceed to the Policy Lifecycle screen, select Yes.
- To proceed to the Policy Lifecycle screen without saving, select No.
- In the Choose a State dropdown list, select the state you're waiving installment fees for, and then select one of the following:
- Lifecycle Parameters Are the Same for All Business
- Lifecycle Parameters Are Defined By Policy Type
Note: If you select Lifecycle Parameters Are Defined By Policy Type, you will be prompted to select the policy type you're applying the setting to.
- On the Billing screen, select Options, select Waive Installment Fees For Pre-Paid Invoices, and then select Save or Save and Exit.
Generate Payoff Balance Summary
To generate the Payoff Balance Summary on a policy:
- On the Policy Search screen, locate and access the policy that you're generating the Payoff Balance Summary for.
- In the policy header, beneath the Additional Details box, select the Custom Deliverable button.
- In the Custom Deliverable dialog box, in the Custom Deliverable dropdown list, select Payoff Balance Summary, and then select Done.
- After you generate the Payoff Balance Summary, it will appear in the policy's Attachments screen in the Payoff Balance Summary folder.
- When you open the deliverable, you can print it to send to the insured.
- When you generate the Payoff Balance Summary, the system automatically generates a note on the policy's Notes screen.
- The note is titled Payoff Balance Summary was created for this policy, and the note includes the following information:
- The username of the user who generated the Payoff Balance Summary.
- The date the deliverable was generated.
Verify payoff amount
The Payoff Amount on the Payoff Balance Summary should match the Payoff Amount on the Accounts Receivable screen.
To verify that the payoff amounts match:
- On the Accounts Receivable screen, select the Billing tab.
- Under Policy Details, locate Payoff Amount, and then verify that this amount matches the amount on the Payoff Balance Summary.