You can edit billing dates for a policy's current invoice in the Balance Details section of the Billing Overview tab on the Accounts Receivable screen. When you edit billing dates, you will delay policy cancellation.
You can delay policy cancellation in one of two ways:
- Edit the Invoice Due Date, which delays the Cancel Date.
- When you use this approach, the length of coverage is extended.
- Edit the Delay Cancellation To date, which creates a new cancel date without changing the Invoice Due Date or extending the length of coverage.
- If you use this approach and a policy cancels, the policy will cancel on the Delay Cancellation To date, but the effective cancellation date will be the original Cancel Date, which is based upon the Invoice Due Date.
- This approach provides named insureds additional time to make payment without extending the policy.
To edit the Invoice Due Date:
- On the Accounts Receivable screen of a policy you want to edit the invoice due date for, select Edit Billing Dates.
- In the Edit Billing Dates dialog box, in the Earliest Due On box, type the new due date or use the date picker to select the new due date, and then select Update.
Note: A message will appear at the top of the screen: Policy dates saved successfully. The Earliest Cancel On box will automatically update to ensure the required number of days passes between the due date and cancel date.
The Due Date in the Balance Details section will update with the new due date you entered.
To edit the Delay Cancellation To date:
- On the Accounts Receivable screen of the policy you want to delay the cancellation date for, select Edit Billing Dates.
- In the Edit Billing Dates dialog box, in the Delay Cancellation To box, type the new cancellation date or use the date picker to select the new cancellation date, and then select Update.
Note: A message will appear at the top of the screen: Policy dates saved successfully.
- The Edit Billing Dates button will appear only on committed policies that have an amount currently due.
- If a policy has a credit, the Edit Billing Dates button won't appear.