After adding coverages, you can assign a claims adjuster. In the Provider Administrator portal, you can assign a claims adjuster in the Contacts section of the claim. If you assign a claims adjuster that doesn’t exist in BriteCore, you will need to first add the claims adjuster. You can add a claims adjuster in both the Claims and Contacts modules. See Add a claims adjuster to add a claims adjuster in the Contacts module. Depending on the configuration of advanced settings, you may also have the option to add a public claims adjuster. See Add a public claims adjuster.
To assign a claims adjuster, open the desired claim and:
- Select Contacts in the claim menu.
- Navigate to the Name box in the Adjuster section.
Figure 1: The Adjuster section of the Contacts screen.
- In the Name box, type the name of the claims adjuster you're assigning to the claim.
- If the claims adjuster already exists in BriteCore, the name will appear in a dropdown list as you type. Select the correct name. BriteCore will automatically populate the contact information into the Adjuster section.
- If the contact doesn’t exist in BriteCore, after you type their name and press Enter/Return on your keyboard, BriteCore will direct you to the New Contact dialog box. See Complete the New Contact dialog box for an individual or Complete the New Contact dialog box for an organization to add the new claims adjuster.
- To add an additional claims adjuster, select the + Add an Adjuster button, and repeat step 3.
The Claims advanced settings claims_email_adjuster_supervisor_when_added can trigger BriteCore to automatically send an email to the claims adjuster when added to a claim. When claims_email_adjuster_supervisor_when_added is set to True, BriteCore will automatically send an email.
To view the claims adjuster’s contact information, select the blue person icon next to the claims adjuster’s name. When you do this, BriteCore will automatically direct you to the contact’s Information tab in the Contacts module.
You can configure settings to automatically assign claims adjusters to specific counties. If you file a claim in a county to which an adjuster is assigned, you don’t need to add a claims adjuster. See Assign a claims adjuster to a county.