When updating a policy, you can add coverages, adjustments, non-ratables, and fees to primary exposures (Section 1 - property). To do this, you need to add line items to a primary exposure listed on the policy.
Note: If you try to add a line item to a committed policy, you will receive an error message. To add a line item to a committed policy, create a new revision.
To add primary exposure line items:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Policies.
- On the Policies List screen, navigate to the policy that you want to add a property line item to, and then select its policy number.
- On the Revisions screen, next to Revision, select New.
- In the New Revision dialog box, in the Revision Date (MM/DD/YYYY) boxes, type the revision date, and then select Done.
- Select the Builder tab.
Note: Depending on your screen size, you may need to scroll down to locate the tab.
- In the Primary Exposures section, locate the item you want to add a line item to, and then select the Add Line Items to Property icon.
- In the Select Line Items dialog box, select the Show dropdown list, and then select the type of line item you want to add.
- In the results list, select one or more line items, and then select Done.
- In the Property Line Item list, select the line item you added. Line items vary and each will require different additional information; you may need to complete one or both of the following steps depending on the line item(s) you added:
- In the left column, select the dropdown arrow, and then complete the boxes.
- Complete the boxes in the columns to the right of the line item.
- Repeat step 9 for each line item you added.